Recently, I have come to realize the guy I’ve loved for many years has been playing me. You’ll never guess how I found it out. I was watching Jerry Springer clips…I’m not kidding. And one girl brought her ex on the show. She loved him deeply and didn’t understand why they weren’t together after knowing each other so long and being closed. He told her he was playing her and getting what he wanted. Then I realized my issues literally follow all of the signs a guy is playing you for a fool.
Deep down it hurts but I’ve spent so long fighting for him that I don’t feel like a victim. I feel like part of it is my fault for not being able to walk away. I also realized I “stayed” with him because I’ve never loved someone the way I have before. Then I read somewhere else that makes sense, women will stay for the pain and pleasure. So what signs have I come to realize my ex was totally playing me for a fool.
- Only texting….the guy won’t make actual time to talk to you. Even he doesn’t video chat or call it’s late at night.
- Keeps his life hidden except posts more on his social media account
- He doesn’t like “labels” this one confused because I was like we’re friends and he would like I don’t like labels.
- Will ignore your claims of disrespect. You can tell him you feel disrespected but he won’t respond or state that’s your own issue.
- He doesn’t tell anyone about you. You don’t know his friends or family.
- Acts weird around holidays.
- Friends with a lot of girls. Seriously though, I’ve literally been told he was trying to make me jealous. But now I realize that I’m probably not the only girl he’s doing it to. I had this one girl try to start things with me even though she had a boyfriend.
- He doesn’t talk about his plans for the future, with or without you
- “He lets you know he had a life without you and he still has a life without you.”
- “You feel like if you could just change yourself and not be so needy, this would all work out.” I think I’ve come to realize I’ll never be the person he wants no matter what I want
I have come to realize I have been played for a fool for many years. Ironically I don’t regret it. I actually like how my life is going right now and I am hoping that this time in my life when I look back on it I feel blessed and appreciate the lesson.
I’m looking forward to the next month. I also have a huge plan that I’m working on private and no one knows about.